Luxury holiday in Northern Spain
Holiday in Northern Spain
Northern Spain runs from Catalonia on the Mediterranean via Aragón and Navarra in the Pyrenees to the Basque Country, Catabria, Asturias and Galicia on the Atlantic Ocean. In this blog we focus on Catalonia. You will find the metropolis of Barcelona, authentic and cozy cities such as Girona and Tarragona, and countless beautiful villages. You can also indulge in the national parks Aiguestortes, Montserrat, Montseny, the Garotxa volcano area, the beautiful beaches and rugged coasts of the Costa Brave and the Costa Dorada. An area ideal for an unforgettable holiday in which you will get many different impressions.
Advantages of a holiday in Northern Spain
A holiday in Northern Spain has many advantages. We will name a number of them.
- Outside of mass tourism, not super touristy and very varied
- You will find a unique combination of entertainment, gastronomy, culture and nature
- Many special activities and day trips from which to choose
- Excellent food, from simple village bars to Michelin restaurants
- Northern Spain is easily accessible by car
- Several airlines fly daily to Girona and Barcelona
Top 10 highlights for a holiday in Northern Spain
- Barcelona with well known but also many unknown attractions
- The surprising, authentic cities of Girona and Tarrgona
- The beaches on the Costa Brava and Costa Dorada
- The undiscovered and green interior, the Tuscany of Catalonia
- Montserrat, the magical mountain with the famous Black Madonna monastery
- Parc National d'Aigüestortes i Estany de Sant Maurici with mountains and waterfalls
- Teatro Mueso Dali in Figueres where Dali is buried
- Greek and Roman excavations at Empúries
- Garrotxa National Park with about 40 inactive volcanoes
- Many sports activities, such as hiking, rafting, ballooning, etc. etc.
Choose a central location for your holiday in Northern Spain
We choose Catalonia as a holiday destination, because it is easily accessible from England and it is guaranteed to be a sunny destination. If you want to see a lot, it is important to choose a central location where you are going to stay.
Enjoy a luxurious holiday in Northern Spain
In the green interior of Barcelona lies the medieval village of La Torre de Claramunt. It is located in the green and undiscovered "Tuscany of Catalonia", 45 minutes from Barcelona, 30 minutes from the Costa Dorada and close to the magical mountain of Montserrat and the wine region of El Penedès. A typical Catalan village with a bar, two supermarkets, a restaurant and… .. Torre Nova Resort. It is a small-scale resort with 8 apartments with their own kitchen, balcony or terrace. If you want to explore Catalonia, it is ideal to explore the area from here.
You will find the beautiful Torre Nova Resort, run by the Dutch owners Jacqueline and Geert. Torre Nova Resort is a 19th century estate with eight spacious and luxurious holiday apartments. The interiors are stylish and contemporary. They are fully equipped, offering maximum comfort and privacy and breathtaking views.
At Torre Nova Resort you can enjoy a beautiful Mediterranean garden and the spacious private swimming pool of 15 x 5 meters. It is filled with water from their own well, treated with natural chlorine (salt electrolysis). In spring and autumn it is heated with solar energy, so that the swimming season is extended compared to normal swimming pools.
Torre Nova Resort is the perfect base for a varied holiday in Catalonia. As 'locals', Jacqueline and Geert provide you with all the inside tips about the tourist highlights in your own language, but also with the 'off the beaten track' tips, so that you get to places and experience things that you would otherwise never have found yourself. Nothing is better than coming home to your comfortable apartment and taking a refreshing dip in the private swimming pool. This way you can alternate sightseeing with quiet days at the private pool.
An unforgettable holiday in Northern Spain
Come and enjoy the ultimate holiday feeling at Torre Nova Resort. A breakfast with fresh crusty baguette and a "cafe cortado" under the Spanish morning sun, relaxing by the private swimming pool with a view over the green valley. A walk, straight from the resort, through the hills and vineyards, a trip to one of the many famous wine bodegas, followed by a delicious lunch in one of the local top restaurants. And of course to Barcelona and the beaches of the Mediterranean. Can you picture yourself sitting on your own terrace with the setting sun and a delicious glass of cava with tapas? During a holiday at Torre Nova resort you will lack nothing!
Book a stay
Read more about Torre Nova Resort